On Friday (11th November 2016) local Member of Parliament, Ruth Cadbury, attended the 'Bit It' workshop at the Green School in Isleworth.
Ruth said, "I had tremendous fun addressing the issue of littering this week. There'll be clean streets and parks in Hounslow now. Great initiative!"
Further information regarding the 'Bit It' campaign could be found below:
Bin it! is an award winning drama-based education programme which aims to educate students about responsibility and litter, encouraging young people to make a lasting change to their local communities and environment.
Developed by Wrigley in partnership with specialist education consultancy Rapport, Bin it! is targeted at 11-13 year olds and is designed to explore the issues and impact of littering, helping students to understand why it is so important to take personal responsibility for correct litter disposal.
Wrigley has now also launched Bin It!’s first tailor-made teaching resource, designed specifically to encourage primary children to dispose of litter responsibly. The materials include a musical film (Bin it beats) and lyric sheet for pupils to sing along, as well as three lesson plans – complete with teaching notes and accompanying activity sheets.
Earlier this year the tour visited Aberdeen, Edinburgh, Dundee, Falkirk, Paisley, Carlisle, Penrith, Gloucestershire and South Wales. Following a break for the summer holidays the tour will visit further areas this autumn including Somerset, Devon, London, Hertfordshire, Buckinghamshire and Berkshire.
- The Bin it! tour has visited over 574 schools and the show has been seen by 103,738 children.
- Evaluation of the 2015 tour showed that the number of children who said they believed that they should love the area they live in by keeping it clean increased 15% after having watched the show, to 79%.
- The 2016 tour will the biggest ever, running over 150 sessions around the country and reaching 30,000 children in one year – our highest number ever.
- Bin it! resource packs, designed to be used in citizenship lessons, are available to all secondary schools across the UK. In 2014 alone, almost 1,500 lesson programmes were downloaded from the Bin It! website.
- The 2016 tour marks a decade and will be our biggest yet. We expect to reach 30,000 pupils in this year alone and to reach our 700th school during the tour. Students from Llanishen High School with the Bin It! team